Thursday, January 26, 2012

So Long, Folks!

I just wanted to give a little update on what's been going on, and say a little goodbye to those who may still be watching this blog.

Shortly after my last post back in August of last year, my Husband got a new and fantastic job! Because of this, we quit the current jobs we had and moved from our small little town to Oklahoma City. He is happy with his new position and making a lot more money, and I am happily employed at one of the libraries here as a part time Page. I have recently rediscovered my artwork, which I had abandoned several years ago...

These things have compelled the decision to quit WoW. For me, this is fantastic, and while it has mostly all ready happened on it's own due to boredom in game over the last year, we have made the decision to quit permanently.

While I cannot speak for Matt, for me World of Warcraft was an addition. I started playing it shortly after leaving early from an internship due to illness- Between this and my growing discontent with my chosen degree program in college I had become rather depressed. WoW came along at the right time to become a crutch in life for me, something I could escape to and get away from all the real life troubles and concerns I had. There is so much I stopped doing so I could spend my time living in the fantasy world of Azeroth.

Do you know how long it's been since I worked on my art? Really, truly focused on it? About 4 years, which coincides with my WoW start time. I used to be an avid reader, tearing through books like no other, but those too fell to the wayside. As did my crafting skills, which were also left to rot.

Is this a problem for everyone? No, I don't think so. But I think that for some of the WoW players out there it is. And I would encourage everyone to take a look at just how much time and money they are putting into World of Warcraft. If your comfortable with what you see, go for it! If your not, maybe it's time to reevaluate your choices!

Do I regret the time I spent in WoW? To a point no, I don't. I don't think I ever really could! I've met so many amazing people, and forged a lot of friendships. And I had a TON of fun! Who hasn't? The hours spent playing with my friends killing internet dragons are something I could never really regret. What I do regret is what I didn't do because I was too busy playing WoW. But now it's time to change that. I've been phasing out all the WoW influences in my life. Unliking all the facebook things, etc. We're currently trying to get out of the year long contracts we signed when we were still thoroughly enjoying the game. Once that's done, all our WoW website links will be deleted. (Hell, turning Curse off made my computer start up soooooo much faster!)

And I won't be deleting my characters or anything. I couldn't bring myself to do that. I still love my little dwarf and his purple Tallstrider! I always will! Neither will I be removing this blog, at least not for the present. I just felt like putting my reasons out there and leaving a proper end post here.

I'm still online, and I'd be happy to chat with anyone about anything! I have a personal/art blog at Puzzle -N- Things. Please come check it out, and see what I'm up too! I also have a DeviantART account here at Brunn-Bear's DeviantART.

Really, we just won't be playing World of Warcraft anymore- it's really no big deal.

Cheers all!

~~Brunnstag~~

1 comment:

Kallixta said...

Thanks for the reminder of your other blog. I'll be happy to follow that.

I'm happy to hear you're doing well!